Monday, April 20

AMAZING

A few days before leaving for London my mother was hit by a car. She came to my house in shock, her head covered in blood and her arms full of bruises. Half an hour later a policeman dropped off her bike and checked to see if she was all right. We spent the evening at the hospital where her arm was x-rayed and eventually put in a cast. She nearly fainted when the nurses came to check on her. Since the accident we have different conversations than we had before. She tells me to worry less, to just enjoy, that happiness is easy if I just stop thinking for a while. She says I have the strangest taste in men and that I don’t respect myself enough. This weekend we watched Susan Boyle’s performance on You Tube for about five times in a row. So amazing it just makes you want to cry.