Wednesday, September 16

DRASTIC MEASURES

When I told my boss I would be leaving all she did was smile. I didn’t expect her to cry but I also didn’t expect her to be that... radiant. And just when I’ve decided to quit my job I’ve almost fallen in love. Yes, he is Italian, and yes of course he is engaged. Even though I haven’t met his girlfriend I assume she’s gorgeous and no doubt she’s also very smart.
Having a mild crush on my new Italian a colleague makes going to the office so much easier. I take half an hour to prepare my make-up, I wear stylish new clothes that make me look slim, I brush my hair until it shines. Then one day, while I was helping him with the translation of a text, somebody from the office remarked: ‘Margot, you’re falling for his accent aren’t you!’
I was too embarresed to reply. The Italian replied: ‘ it’s not just the accent!’ So I decided it will take some drastic measures to eliminate this crush. Only when surrounded by handsome young men will I feel more confident and more at ease. Which is why I’m going back to Italy next week.