Monday, September 7

SENTENCES

Sometimes I’m afraid I will mix up some important sentences. That I will say: ‘I have loved you forever and ever’ to the butcher and ‘two steaks please’ to my ex-boyfriend. That I will start a monologue about the misery of work at the bakery and ask my colleagues for two rolls. Anyway, I’m contemplating whether I should quit my job and what to do afterwards. There are so many possibilities in life. I’m looking forward to experiencing more freedom, meeting new people and maybe getting a degree somewhere. Life at the office has left me feeling rather miserable and drained. I cannot believe people chain themselves to a desk for forty-five years, work in silence and then claim they have a life. And I cannot wait to tell them what I’m really thinking, the real, uncensored truth.